All About Life, Marriage, Parenting, Homeschooling as we walk our lives with Jesus

Thursday, September 15, 2016

On 9:38 PM by A Bucket of Grace   2 comments
It was our first time to attend the Manila International Book Fair. As homeschoolers, Kyle and I were excited to see what books are in store for us.

We arrived at the SMX Convention Center at 1pm and we were blessed to get free tickets.

The place was a feast of so many books to choose from.

Every aisle has a lot to offer and we really tried our best to see and visit every booth.

It is a blessing indeed to be able to have book fairs like this. But first thing that I have learned is to have self control, otherwise your worldly desire to have everything you see will conquer your heart.

Our first stop was PCBS. This booth offers a lot of Christian books. We were surprised to see that they have good books on sale for only 100 pesos.

We looked for books that will be useful in our daily lives. Daily devotion for our children was our first pick. Then I also got a good book from a well know author Gary Chapman for me and my husband.


When I saw this from a booth ( forgot the name) it easily gave me a smile. My sister in Christ Irinne was the first one who showed me these and she said it is good reminder to put inside our house. I couldn't agree more.

In our busy days we would always need a lot of Jesus just like what it says below 😃


Fully booked has one of the biggest stall and the books were sold at 20% off except for scholastic books. We got our favorite from national geographic - 5000 facts. The book is informative and it gives actual true information.


We stopped by Adarna publishing, and I looked for read aloud books for my toddlers that has moral lesson. And I got these books that are Bible connected and has good character teaching. The books thay I got were sold from 50 to 60 pesos each.


And then off we go to Rex Bookstore, the books we saw for our homeschooling were really great finds. We got our textbooks for 50 pesos each only. I keep on praising God while paying for our books. These are worth more than a thousand and yet He lead us to this booth where we got it at a very cheap price. The employees were also very helpful. They really went out of their way to get the books we need for each specific grade. Good find, good people plus a good price.



Next stop was Lampara books. The post caught my eyes instantly. It says books with moral lesson. We got books for read aloud that can teach our children with values and character. It was also written both in English and Tagalog, so you can teach English and Filipino at the same time.The books were sold at a cheap price plus 20% off if you buy 5 pieces of different kinds. I also got some chapter books for Kyle which fits his interest too. These books have colored pictures and for a visual learner like Kyle he will definitely enjoy reading this.



Kyle and his friend Yuan enjoyed staying here too while coloring some pictures and at the same time waiting for us. They were able to browse some books too while we do our book hunting. They patiently waited for us though they were already hungry.


Then we stopped over the Learning stall. We had great finds in here. My kids are very much interested with animal books. Kyle gave the books he liked from 10 pesos to 20 pesos each and I added some supplemental books worth 20 pesos each for our Science subject. Most of the books that we got were hardbound too.


We also got this chart that we can use in our homeachooling especially for my toddlers. I chose a chart that we can customize and we can use in different subjects.


By God's grace, we accomplished our needs first before the wants especially we are working on a limited budget. I feel blessed too because I was able to shop with Irinne, we talked about the books that we purchased first to make sure that it is aligned with the Bible and if it will promote and encourage character. We need to be consistent with what we teach. Our goal why we encourage our children to love reading is to gain knowledge of our Lord first, the source of our wisdom. Second is to know more about character, values and third will be academics.

"Set your mind on what is above, not on what is on the earth" - Colossians 3:2

After walking and carrying all our books the kids got hungry and of course the mommies too.

We had dinner and we went out to get some donuts courtesy of my sister Irinee :) we stayed there and rested while enjoying and talking about God's goodness in our marriage. I praise God for my sister Irinne, she shared how Jesus changed her. I saw in their family how God is truly faithful to His children who are obedient to His will.The conversation, laughter and time spent was worth it. I remembered how Rick Warren shared in his book "A Purpose Driven Life" how we need to have fellowship with our brothers and sisters, by doing this, we glorify God as we lift Him up in our lives and showing others how He is a God without limits.


" But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18

I also praise God that He blessed my kids with a father who supports their love for books. He allowed us to go to the book fair and managed the house while I was out. He also provided for our budget for the fair. We see the Lord above Him because we know that above my husband, God is our true blessing for He is the source of everything.

God is marvelous, the overall experience was awesome.

His timing is perfect, just when we need these books He provided for us plus more extra for the kids.

I am grateful for what God has always given us and how He is faithful to His promises.

When we continue to seek Him, we will know Him more and His greater plans for us.

He shows me how to love him more each day with good or bad circumstances, simple and big moments. I see, feel and hear Him each time.

Indeed we have a God without limits.

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you" Matthew 6:33

All by God's loving grace!
All Praise and Glory to God!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis, did you see Harry Potter books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yes there were Harry Potter books from national bookstore and fully booked exhibitors :)

    ReplyDelete