All About Life, Marriage, Parenting, Homeschooling as we walk our lives with Jesus

Sunday, September 4, 2016

On 6:47 AM by A Bucket of Grace   25 comments

We were blessed to experience wonderful activities from Kidzania.

Kidzania is an interactive kids' city combining fun, and learning through role play. It is where kids can have fun exploring the adult world.They had more than 100 role play establishments for children ages 4-I4 years old. It was a blessing that I got the tickets with a 40% discount plus we got lots of free kidzos ( play money being used in kidzania).

The kids were thrilled when they found out that we are going on a weekday. There were fewer guests, plus we get to enjoy the place from 9am to 4pm. We arrived early and were greeted with a dancing crew. A great way to set the mood.


We were all delighted to see the place. It was like a mini city inside BGC. They call the kids as Mister and Miss, it makes them feel like grown ups.Our first stop was to claim our kidzos from BPI bank. Then off we go to our first stop - The fire station.


The kids learned about fire safety and were trained to put out fires in the city (inside Kidzania). Then they went into the fire truck and acted like real fire men. They loved the activity. They also enjoyed they role play at the baby center where they were taught how to take care of babies.


My kids love cooking too. We went through all the establishments that involves cooking. The good part with these role plays is you get to take the food you made. They were so bloated with all the pizza, burger, sandwiches, cookies and mini cake that they had.


They also get to experience some life skills, Sean and Simone painted the walls while Kyle tried to learn how to change tires. They also experienced to put a cable wire, take care of pets, set a table, clean a room and do some groceries. There were some tasks that they get to earn some kidzos too.


While doing all these activities, their Dad and Kuya were our photographers and cheerers.

My favorite part was when Kyle acted as a host in a mini TV Patrol show. He was able to deliver the story well in Filipino and he enjoyed the activity.


Before we went home, the kids joined the parade with costumes. Simone was not in the mood to dance but he still walked with us.


As homeschoolers, it is a privilege to teach our children and be with them every step of the way. We get to enjoy doing things together and experience wonderful activities.

Role Play is a good way to allow our children experience learning. I have been focusing on teaching them about life skills and seeing them being trained and doing the actual role play was a big help.

" We learn to do something by doing it" - John Holt

They also get to learn about valuing money and being good stewards about what God has given us. They earned and paid using their kidzos and was able to use their remaining earnings to buy school stuff from the Kidzania store.

I praise God that He gave me the desire to homeschool my children. Though it can be messy and crazy some times, the rewards are priceless.

I am very grateful for each time that I watched my children progress. As I was watching them do their activities, God reminded me that the best memory that I have were the times spent with my family.

It hit me that the heart of our children are very fragile.

Raising four boys to be godly men is challenging and it can only be possible by God's grace alone. I commit mistakes at times and still struggle, but I keep on asking the Lord to give me the grace of becoming a Mother after His Own heart. I am also taking advantage of all available parenting books and resources that I can read and apply what I have learned.

Their lives is in our hands.

No one knows what great potential lies within a child but helping them to unleash their potential through customized learning and supporting their interests is a big help.

And we rely to our one true source - God's grace and His enabling in our home are more than sufficient to meet our needs day by day.

While I was doing our curriculum mapping God reminded me that my main goal are the hearts of my children. I started having our Morning Character Basket which focuses on their spiritual need, values and character. It is my goal that each day they would be nourished by their daily bread...God's Word.

" You as a parent will always be the most powerful factor in determining the destiny of your child" - Harold Sala, The Parent Map

As parents, it is our tasks on how we will be leading them to be children after God'w own heart.

" Keep your heart with all diligence, for out if it spring the issues of life" - Proverbs 4:23

All Praise and Glory to God!


25 comments:

  1. My son also enjoyed Kidzania, at first he doesn't like to go there because he doesn't like to work. lol But now he wanted to go back again.

    I agree " We learn to do something by doing it" - John Holt

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing good at raising them mommy. God first. :) I've read a lot about Kidzania and it's something to look forward to when my baby will be ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loves kidzania, we have a lot of things to do pa din naka 2 punta na siya madami pa hindi napupuntahan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've shared Mommy. " We learn to do something by doing it" I am a supporter of pretend play, I can't wait to bring my little guy to Kidzania, we will visit it next year when he turns 4 so he can enjoy all the tasks baka kapag ngayon tumakbo lang sya sa loob haha!:) I am sure your kids will grow up into good men because Jesus is the foundation of your parenting. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'd love my kids to experience this. I admire you for reiterating Jesus in your life, Mommy :)



    www.gracefulmusings.com
    mommygraceblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love Kidzania! And hope we could come back soon.. The kids really do enjoyed their time there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they got to do a lot of activities! Sulit! Kidzania is really a great place for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two more years so we can finally try kidzania. I want my child to explore their imaginations and also things on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been wanting to go to Kidzania but my little girl's too young for it pa. Great place for kids to learn things on their own talaga! Makes them feel independent in some ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww...will definitely take Choi to kidzania, it's part of my bucket list for choi. and then when Chai is old enough, will be taking her there too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm waiting for my youngest to be 4 so that he can go enjoy KidZania as well. So far, it's always been just the eldest one and he's getting tired of doing it all by himself. He wants his younger brother to join him. Hehe. It is more fun to do it with sibs/friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kidzania, I believe, is one of the nicest places to teach kids of responsibility. They get to learn and grasp the consequences of their actions as well. They are given a preview of how moms and dads work. That way, they learn also to be extra appreciative of their elders and be proud of their parents. Ganong pala trabaho ni mommy and daddy. Ang galing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm jealous because we live so far away from Manila! I think it's really cool for kids to spend time there are pretend to be adults and do real jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just glad that we finally have Kidzania now in Manila. Excited for my daughters to visit, my eldest wanted to be a chef while my 3 year old daughter wanted to be a firefighter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been to Kidzania once before with my toddler and she thoroughly enjoyed it! Definitely a must try and will go back given the opportunity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel like my kids are too young for Kidzania, but would love to bring them here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm planning to take the kids there soon. I think the youngest is ready to join his big bros. We decided to withhold it for a while until our youngest had better focus.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ive been wanting to visit one since then kaso d p maisingit sa sked but I so love almost everything I see sa Kidzoona!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kidzania is a must place to visit for kids. We haven't tried Yellow Cab pa and I'm sure my girls will enjoy that area.

    ReplyDelete
  20. They enjoyed it! Will visit Kdzania pag pwede na yong toddler ko.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kidzania is definitely a place where kids can enjoy and learn at the same time. Been there once and will definitely come back when my son gets a little older to enjoy more the activities.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Kidzania, I wish they came here earlier on when my son was younger. He was already 15 when Kidzania opened here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww. Kidzania is near our place but I haven't taken my kids there yet. Thanks for sharing, I know now what to expect when I take them there. Such a great place for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My daughter is crazy about Kidzania!! She actually wants to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't think my little man will ever get tired of visiting this place. We've been there a few times and each visit always feels like the first. I sure hope we can go back soon.

    ReplyDelete