All About Life, Marriage, Parenting, Homeschooling as we walk our lives with Jesus

Friday, May 6, 2016

On 12:59 AM by A Bucket of Grace   No comments
" Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
I was convicted about this when our discipler shared this to us...
Anne Graham Lotz says that if Satan can’t make you sin, he’ll settle for keeping you busy. The enemy knows the danger to us when we become so distracted by busy work that we take for granted the colors of autumn, disconnect from our children, or miss an opportunity to worship the One who created them both.
There’s so much that God wants to show us, but we rush right past it. We miss His whispers of love as He speaks through His Word and His creation. “Be still,” He says.
Do you feel sometimes like your life is spinning out of control, or that your relationships with your kids have grown shallow? " Be still," He says
Rachael Carman from the book How many times do I have to tell you
A lot of instances happened that I tend to miss on my daily devotion and our family devotion because of being busy with a lot of stuff.

I want my time to be consumed with things that are for eternal investment. I don't want to be too busy for God, my spouse and my children.
Distractions, they come in so many forms. But I have realized that it is always a choice. We can have so many things coming our way but it is always our choice who we will prioritize. 
Whenever I see myself being busy I hear God whispering " Don't you have time for me?" and I will immediately stop what I am doing, pray and read His Words. God does not ask us too much of our time but being with Him all day long will give us the wisdom that we need each day. Sometimes I find myself talking to myself about things that I have been thinking through, I learned to talk to God instead. I go to Him if I need help and if I need a heart check. He alone can sustain and fill my heart with what I need.

Before I let my self be fueled with other things. Allowing God to fill my tank each day is my daily dose of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord. The only question is, do I open my door for him all the time?
God's love and power has no limits and our response for Him is to allow Him take over our lives moment by moment. 
We can't block the Lord each time He knocks. In the world that we are in, Satan will always keep you busy to keep us away from the Lord. He does this all the time in my life and whenever I don't have enough of Jesus, my daily struggles crumbles. Even when everything is going on smoothly my attitude will not respond correctly because I missed on talking to God. I can't make a good day without Him. 
I am guilty of missing my time for Him and whenever I allow this to happen, it makes my world crazy.

Recently, my family made a decision that will make a big change in our household. The desire took place after we had our Christian Wedding and it grew deeper and deeper. We know that it is God's desire for us and we want to live according to His will and purpose.

Following God's design for our family was not a hard decision. His message was very clear to us with a promise when I heard Him whispered " Christ is enough for me"
In times that I need to be refueled, God would always remind me with this verse -  " Be still and Know that I am God" Proverbs 46:10







0 comments:

Post a Comment