All About Life, Marriage, Parenting, Homeschooling as we walk our lives with Jesus

Thursday, August 11, 2016

On 5:56 PM by A Bucket of Grace   No comments
Are your Circuits too Busy?

I was so blessed today with the devotion that I read from You Version a Bible App that you can download in Google Play for Android and the App Store for Iphones and Ipads.

The titles is "Hearing the Voice of God" a devotional by Rick Warren.



I felt like sharing the content of today's devotion because it gives us a reminder not to allow our lives to be clogged and be too busy that the noise in our hearts and minds are so loud we cannot hear God.

I was convicted as I read the content of the devotion.

Guilty as charged.

Many times in the morning my circuit will be busy thinking about our plans for the day, activities especially if we need to go somewhere. Thoughts would ran into my mind VS clearing it up so I will be ready with my Quiet Time. 

God is so good. He taught me that my day is all about Him.

The moment I wake up. I learned to asked the Lord " How can I please you today? What can I do for you today? 

More of Him less of me.

However there are times that when I sit in our study table I will start to think of a lot of stuff rather than meditating in His Words first. Like today, He got me covered. He has all the answers with my plans and worries. All I need to do is to allow Him to consume me first so I can Hear Him. 

He has my life planned. He knows when I needed feeding for my spiritual life and He will always come to the rescue. God knows when we needed a reminder so we will always be On track.

He is an amazing God.

The weeds in our lives make our minds too crowded that when these weeds started to grow, we need to be quiet and be intimate with the Lord.

Our concerns and the clutter in our hearts and minds will be gone as soon as we allow ourselves to Hear His voice. Loud and clear.

As this devotion blessed me today. May this be a blessing to you too. Sharing it here on my blog.

Are Your Circuits Too Busy?

Read today's verses.

You can’t hear God if your mind is crowded with other thoughts or concerns — particularly worries, plans, and activities. If you’re always listening to the radio or the TV, when God calls you, the circuits are going to be busy. You’ve got to eliminate the distractions.

Jesus says in Luke 8:7, “Some other seeds fell where thornbushes grew up and choked the plants” (CEV).

The kind of soil with weeds in it was actually planted with crops and begins to grow. But as it grows, weeds grow up around it, and the weeds begin to choke out the life of the vegetable or the plant, so it never bears fruit.

Here’s what Jesus says is the meaning of Luke 8:7: “The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature” (Luke 8:14 NIV).

There are three things that choke out hearing God:

Worry. Worries are weeds. When you’re so busy with the problems and pressures of daily living, it makes it harder to hear God.

Riches. You can be so busy trying to pay your bills, so busy trying to get out of debt, so busy trying to make more, and so busy making a living that you don’t make a life.

Pleasure. There’s nothing wrong with pleasure. But God said that when you’re so busy pursuing fun, you miss him and his plans for your life.

You don’t have to cultivate weeds. They grow automatically, don’t they? In fact, weeds are a sign of neglect. If you see weeds in your yard or garden, it means you’re not tending your yard or garden. The weeds in your spiritual life are a sign that you’re neglecting time with God.
When all the circuits are busy, you need to get quiet.

The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. - Luke 8:14

Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants.
Luke 8:7

All Praise and Glory to God!



0 comments:

Post a Comment