All About Life, Marriage, Parenting, Homeschooling as we walk our lives with Jesus

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

On 2:36 AM by A Bucket of Grace   No comments
Few weeks ago my youngest son Simone fell off the stairs.

He was rushing to go down and was not minding my husband's call until he slipped and fell for like 4 steps.

"Come Here" my husband keeps on calling him. But there was no answer and all that Simone was aiming is to go down.

I was shocked with the scream of my husband seeing Simone with a big "bukol" on his forehead. All I can do is pray. We rushed him to the ER and requested for prayers from our spiritual family. By God's grace he was active and was not complaining of anything.

After the doctor examined him and waited for few hours while they observed, we were released. I felt and saw how Arnel was devastated with the incident. I know I was to blame because as a mom I am primarily responsible of taking care of my children.

When we arrived home, we had a family meeting and thought of how can we prevent something like this. I told my husband that I will make sure they will hold on me while they are going down.

I have realized that no matter what plan we have only God knows what is really in store for us. And I praise God for He was in control.

Few days after the fall he was showing me his drawing he said that the black ones are the bad guys and the others are the good guys.



He was able to hold my son while he was falling.

Many times we call our children "Come Here" but they do not listen.

I am also like them with our Heavenly Father.

He calls on me..."Come Here"

But sometimes I ignore Him and would still go on my way.

Coming on their way is sometimes difficult for our children and so with us.

Just like Jonah, God asked him to come to Nineveh for a big job but instead he went away, sailed in a ship and went on a different way.

And whenever we do not come and respond to His call there will always be a consequence in not abiding to His will.

"God is the same way with me. When He calls, He wants me to respond because of who He is, not for what He might give me.

He calls in quiet moments, when I’m awed by a sunrise. He calls in the chaos of a busy day.

He calls me at the crossroads of decision.At sunrise He reminds me that He’s the Creator God.

In chaos, He tells me He’s the Prince of Peace. At the crossroads, He extends His strength as I make a choice.“Come here!” He calls.

But too often I rush to the phone instead of the throne. Rather than going to the Bread of Life, I race to the world’s empty pantry.

Instead of talking it over with Him in prayer or seeking His will in His Word, I consult other sources for worldly wisdom." - Rachel Carman

"Come Here" the Lord says I want to show you and make you feel how much I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment